Apply for a Dreamers and Believers Grant
To apply for an award, please complete the appropriate online form below.
Dreamers and Believers awards are granted to children and youth who are currently in foster or kinship care under the authority of the New Jersey Division of Child Protection & Permanency (CP&P) – or- have been adopted through CP&P -or- under Kinship Legal Guardianship (KLG). Recipients can receive this award up to the age of 21.
- Specialized training or instruction based upon exceptional ability, skill or interest demonstrated by the child
- Some examples – music lessons or camp, art lessons or camp, science camp, equestrian camp, advanced level tutoring, ballet course, etc.
- Rental of equipment or supplies for the special training/instruction (No Purchases of Tangible Items)
- Awards are limited to amounts up to $600.00
- Payment will only be made to the vendor or service provider. No reimbursements will be issued.
- Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis. Quarterly deadlines are as follows (applications must be received in the embrella office by these dates): March 30, June 30, September 30 and December 30.
- The number and amount of awards is contingent upon funding levels
- Approved awards notification will be mailed three weeks after the calendar quarter in which they are received