JOB TITLE: Director of Scholarship Programs
DEPARTMENT: Scholarship Department
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
The Director of Scholarship Programs is responsible for the overall supervision of all embrella scholarship and adolescent programs, including the New Jersey Foster Care (NJFC) Scholars Program, the NJFC Scholars Outreach Program, Gap Housing, the Pathways to Academic and Career Exploration to Success (PACES) program, and the personnel that administer these programs.
This individual ensures the scholarship personnel perform all duties for which they are responsible. In addition, this individual is responsible for ensuring that the Scholarship Department meets performance targets and contractual obligations outlined in the Department of Children and Families (DCF) NJFC Scholars Program and Outreach Program, GAP Housing, PACES Program and Office of Family Voice contracts.
This individual analyzes data and generates reports for embrella and DCF and evaluates trends to develop proposals for scholarship and outreach program improvement and expansion.
The Director of Scholarship Programs oversees the integrity of student financial accounts in addition to troubleshooting and negotiating issues surrounding the scholarship programs, and provides direct technical assistance on student caseloads.
The above listed job duties are a brief description for this position. The Director of Scholarship Programs may be required to perform other tasks that are deemed necessary by the CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED (Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately)
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree required (for supervision and coverage of PACES program)
- Minimum three years supervisory experience
- Minimum three years experience in related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of general mathematics and ability to operate a calculator
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has a proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Has the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL DESIRED:
- Knowledge of post-secondary education funding
- Grant Writing experience
- Worked with a nonprofit organization
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job)
- Submits Annex A (program description) for contracts under supervision
- Works with CEO and Dir. Of Finance to develop and monitor program budget
- Supervises the embrella NJFC and Outreach programs and ensures that all performance targets and DCF contractual obligations are met as outlined by federal and state legislation, and contract guidelines
- Supervises staff and maintains a good working relationship with all staff, including Department of Children and Families contract liaisons
- Conducts staff reviews to include coaching and disciplinary actions when necessary
- Oversees student file maintenance, including student databases and electronic files
- Works with Scholarship Programs manager to ensure that: Scholarship Coordinators handle incoming inquiries from post-secondary schools within two weeks of receipt, and process incoming paperwork from students within one week of receiving correct inquiries from their respective post-secondary school
- Oversees scholarship funding requests, included reviewing requests for accuracy and approving funding dispersal
- Develops proposals for scholarship and outreach programs improvement/expansion
- Oversees the strategic outreach to potential NJFC applicants, including the development and scheduling of informational presentations and outreach events
- Oversees development and implementation of training conducted by Scholarship Programs Manager for Scholarships Coordinators
- Oversees the PACES Program model in the development of academic coaching and employment readiness
- Provides direct support and supervision to PACES Coaches for technical assistance, and when necessary, case management
- Oversees Gap Housing model and coordinates services in conjunction with the Department of Children and Families, postsecondary institutions and Scholarship personnel
- Facilitates stipend and transportation payments for the Office of Family Voice contracts, including Youth Council and Fatherhood Council meetings
- Participates in all required Department of Children and Families meetings and assigned Committees
- Write grants as required by CEO
- Trains scholarship staff according to Emergency Succession Plan
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for CEO
- Maintains Department Protocol book
- Performs all duties as assigned by the CEO
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job)
This position is primarily sedentary and is located in the embrella office. There may be a minimal amount of lifting up to 20 lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in person and on the telephone. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit and reach above the shoulders. This job requires the staff person to work evenings as needed.