Who We AreFounded in 1972 and incorporated in 1974, embrella, formerly Foster and Adoptive Family Services, serves foster, adoptive and kinship parents in communities throughout NJ.
Who We HelpChildren are placed in foster care because they have experienced abuse or neglect and it is unsafe for them to remain at home. They are innocent victims of unfortunate circumstances. But they are not alone. We support children and resource parents that provide the critical care that foster children need.
How We HelpWe provide services, support and training opportunities for foster, adoptive and kinship families, and others having the responsibility for and/or the interest in the well-being of children.
Our Mission and VisionOur Mission is to embrace, support, and advocate for children, youth, and families within the child welfare community.
Our vision is a future where all children, youth, and families are safe, stable, and nurtured.
- Empathy – We cultivate empathetic relationships with our children, youth, and families.
- Integrity – We lead with integrity and take accountability for our impact.
- Respect – We respect our children, youth, and families as thought partners that are in control of their future.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – We acknowledge and respect people’s differences.
- Support – We support our children, youth, and families’ goals by working alongside them, every step of the way.